Monday, 11 January 2010

All back to school and work.................

The white stuff is still very much around but hopefully not for much longer. 


Our Borough was one of the first London Borough's to run out of grit last week, therefore the roads are atrocious.  So, because of this the wheelie bins did not get emptied last week as it was unsafe for the dust carts to travel around.  I understand this. 


So, today I ring the council to see when the bins will be emptied....apparently, not for another week now.  Our bins get emptied on alternate weeks (one week green bin - household waste and the other week blue bin - recyclable waste).  The bin that was missed last week is the blue bin.  As you can imagine, it was filled up very quickly as we had all the wrapping, packing and cardboard from Christmas in it, so I am not impressed with being told it will be a month from it's last collection.  The very helpful lady then says "On this occasion they will collect the odd extra bag of rubbish if you put it beside the bin, as long as it's not too much"...........so I say of course there is going to be a lot of extra rubbish (2 weeks worth to be precise) I can't get anything else in the damn bin! "Well" she says probably sat there filing her cheaply painted nails, "You can always take it to the local rubbish dump if it causes you a problem madam". 
Oh, I see it's OK for me to risk driving but not for the council staff.......I wondered what I paid my council tax for!

2 comments:

  1. Thats terrible! Go dump it outside the council offices! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't, I am very tempted...in fact someone did it not so long ago as it was in the local paper - think he got a hefty fine though!

    ReplyDelete