Friday, 15 January 2010

Ham sandwich anyone....

Well, I can't believe we are already half way through January and I only blinked lol.  We have just about thawed out here but I have just heard that we are in for another dose of snow next week...roll on the spring.

The hamster is on his way out.  I can't complain we have had him for over 30 months (which is a good innings for a hamster) but he has suddenly aged and is looking very frail.  The other day I thought he'd kicked the bucket as I could see him in his house 'asleep' but couldn't see if he was breathing.  So I thought I would stick my finger into his little house and touch him to see if he was still warm - seemed like a good idea at the time.  So he bit me..and he bit me hard and drew blood and boy did it hurt! I won't be doing that again, any time soon.

We had another snow day on Wednesday from work...a bit bored with all these snow days now tbh.  So my DH uses this as an opportunity to drop a hint about the state of our house (Aggy/Kim - its clean but needs a good tidy up).  He gets very brave and says "Well as you are off work AGAIN today, don't take this the wrong way....but maybe you could use this time to sort the house out...I know you've been unwell recently but we (ha WE!) have not had the chance to get cleared up from Christmas have we"......well I said rather calmly "Hun, that's just what I was thinking".  I was making his sarnies at the time and 'happened' to come across an out-of-date opened packet of ham, well what would you have done!!!!!.  Yes, he spent most of the next day on the loo with a dodgy tum, I said it must be something going around!

And no, I didn't tidy up I spent the day all snug on the sofa catching up on all the Sky Plus programmes I never get the chance to watch as the kids like to hog the TV and plenty of milky coffee's and some homemade flap jacks too.

Have a lovely weekend my blogging friends.

Sue x

4 comments:

  1. You are WICKED girl - my hubby has the constitution of a a a something & out of date ham wouldn't work but - THE LOOK would !!!

    having stitches over the naming of my rooster - will keep it running for a few days ... so - I will get off the computer and have time to CLEAN MY HOUSE !!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha!! Brilliant!!!!!
    I loved that post, it really cheered me up....way to go girl!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!

    but poor little hamster. We have had a few hamsters and it broke my heart when they died but one of them (Hammy) lived til he was almost 4!! He was so tame I used to walk him on a lead and sit him on my shoulder (lol...I sound a prat!) Hubby wont let me have anymore though so we have chickens and a cat! xxx

    ReplyDelete