Tuesday, 12 January 2010

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Mrs Frugal at The Diary of a Frugal Family  to list my 10 Favorite Free Things...so here goes:


1)  My 13yr old daughter telling me that she loves me.  At the moment we are not getting on too well, I blame her hormones she blames mine and we tend to bicker quiet a bit.  So for her to say she loves me - without the aid of a chinese burn is bloody great!


2)  When Tesco or Sainsbury's put extra items that I have not ordered (or paid for) in my home delivery by mistake.  Initially I used to ring them up and tell but they don't charge me for it so I don't bother to call anymore!


3)  When my son gets 12 out of 12 in his weekly spelling test at school.  He struggles with literacy as he has dyslexia, so it really is a big acheivement for him to get them all right.


4)  My Saturday morning lie in.  I get up early in the week to sort out the kids and make breakfast as my hubby works lates so I let him sleep in.  So I reallly look forward to my cup of tea in bed made by my hubby.


5)  My weekly bunch of flowers from my hubby.  We've been together 26 years (since we were 17!) and he still buys me flowers...what can I say. 


6)  Getting into a nice clean bed!  I love the fact that the sheets are crease free and smell lovely and fresh...heaven.
7)  My darling cat Jake who will be 15 this year.  He is a real mummy's boy and will let me fuss him till the cows come home.


8)  That feeling of satisfaction when the washing is up to date and all the clothes are ironed and hung up in the wardrobe.


9)  Spring.  I was born in April and love this season.  I can't wait to see the daffodils and crocuses poking their little heads through the ground.


10)  Watching the children play on the beach when we go away on holiday.  We are lucky enough to have a holiday home by the sea and the children will happily play on the beach all day - whilst I sit on my deck chair and watch the world go by.

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely list. Lucky you still getting flowers every week!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with so much of this - and I am SO telling my husband about the flowers !

    Both of mine are dyslexic & DD is sitting her first AS level today - it IS worth all the effort. WeeMan hoping for more snow so school closes again !

    Clean sheets & cups of tea - heaven ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my wife some tulip bulbs once... does that count?

    With you about beaches, endless free fun for the kids and a bit of thinking time for grown ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your lovely comments and Ruralidiocy.....erm NO it doesn't count so get down to 'Le Florist' at once lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list.

    New bed feeling is the brilliant. I wash our sheets way too much cos we love new bed feeling!

    ReplyDelete