Well, our little bubble has burst. For the last 9 years I have been preserving it, hoping we could continue it for a few more years to come.
My darling son, mummy's little angel, butter wouldn't melt has learnt some new words and he felt very proud in using them this weekend. In a heated arguement over something really trivial with his big sister...he called her an"F**king b**ch"
Well, my world was turned upside down.
It's not the sort of language he hears at home, these words are never ever said in his presence...hardly ever at all really. Apparently, it's being said in the playground.
I can't ever remember hearing this sort of language at 9 years old at school. Maybe at High School but not Middle School. I never ever said the 'F' word until I was an adult but the strange thing is I heard it all the time at home (and worse) but never ever repeated it.
So, we had a chat, he got told off, he understands that they are bad words and nasty rude children say them, not nice children. But again, he said it this afternoon when he got told off and stormed up the stairs..but to me this time. He said he can't help it they just came out of his mouth as they are in his head.
So, how do I handle it. I don't want to make a big thing of it as I'm scared he'll keep repeating it. He knows I am very unhappy with him and that he's let me down by saying it again, so I will have to see what the next few days bring.
His big sister only started to use the word since she's been at High School BUT it is never said in the house.
Why do children like to use such dreadful language.
But the good news is I found my 'Get up' (it was in my knicker draw....D'oh, should have looked there first) but I'm still looking for my 'Go'.
Have a good week.
Sue x
Oh I will be watching ith interest, as I have all this to come
ReplyDeleteumm difficult. Our loo seat was off its hinges again & Joe called out, "Just how am I supposed to take a S**t in here ?" We both called out Jooooeee !!! at the same time & he said sorry. I think you carry on re-inforcing that you don't use language like that at home even if they hear it all the time. Whenever my kids say, But so & so does xyz...I say, " Yes, but that doesn't make it right " They give me the look then.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll be ok !
I can honestly say that I've never made a "parenting mistake" but then again, I've never been a parent! :-))) So, I will just say that you're setting a good example because you don't use language like that, so many parents do (mine were included) and then they get upset when their kids use it--I will wish you good luck on this challenge! Let us know!!
ReplyDelete