Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun......

Well, where did that time go I wonder.  Nearly 6 weeks off school/work will come to an end on Thursday but boy has it been fun.

On the whole we were very lucky with the weather - not bad for the UK!

Unfortunately I was laid up with a virus last week, which triggered a migraine and ended in blocked sinuses - oh yes, I really push the boat out when I am ill.  Thankfully all better now and fighting fit for the return to work.  I must admit I quite like the beginning of a new school year - with it's new challenges and new goals.

Trying to muddle through 2 weeks worth of washing is no fun at all I tell you.  Then I have all the ironing to look forward too....yuk.  We had considered getting a washing machine for our caravan next year but at the moment the site are being a bit of a pain and are demanding the removal of all outside storage boxes by your van by December.  This is a pain as we would have installed ours in our box.  So, we will wait and see if they follow this through.

It's sunny in London today so I'm hoping to get the grass cut and maybe cut the garden back as it's become really over run.  Already the nights are drawing in earlier and there is a nip in the air too.  When I was out shopping the other day Debenhams was getting it's Christmas department ready - a bit keen or what!

We are fast approaching the birthday of this blog too...it will be 1 year old on 11th September!

I look forward to catching up on all your posts over the next few days.

Sue x x x

4 comments:

  1. Aw... sorry to hear some of your vacation time was spent sick. Ironing, that something I reserve for crafts and patches. (and I haven't done that in some time.)

    I suppose the next couple days will be hectic, try to take a breather once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to buy an ironing board today, but only to make my patchwork neater. I recommend buying lots of non-iron clothes and hanging the rest in a steamy bathroom!
    I'm glad your holiday has been mostly good. I can't wait for the new term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been ironing today - I only iron in the summer really - lots of crisp cotton. I always watch an old filmwhile ironing.
    I like September the cooler weather - kids back in a routine !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ironing....I know I'm strange! This is my favourite time of year, it eases the hot flushes! xxx

    ReplyDelete