Sunday, 8 August 2010

Still here....just about!


Isn't it funny how you never have to see the doctor for months and then all of a sudden you seem to be living in the surgery?  Well, this week we've been a couple of times with my son as he's managed to get an infection in his big toe.  First off when we went on Wednesday he was given a mild dose of anti-B's as a precaution and was told the infection would be gone within a day or so. By Friday eve the pain was too much for him so I managed to sneak him in to see a Doc just before closing time - he was very concerned by his red swollen toe that he now has 2 lots of anti-B's to take as well as some cream to rub on it 3 times a day.  It's now Sunday eve and to be honest he's still complaining and it doesn't look all that different to how it was on Friday so I reckon we could be going back tomorrow.

We had planned to go out today to Legoland but because of little man's predicament we called it off - shame really as it's been a lovely day here in London.

I too am off to the Docs on Tuesday eve, nothing major but I have a painful joint in one of my fingers that has been bothering me on and off for a few weeks now - so I guess I should have it looked at.  Whilst I'm there I will also get her to have a look at a lump I have on my head, it's been there for as long as I can remember but I've convinced myself that it's getting bigger so for peace of mind (and to keep hubby happy) I will let the doc cast her eye over it.

I've managed to catch up on a few of my jobs that I had on my list last week and am hoping to cross a few more off next week.

Tomorrow we will go and see my Dad as he needs a 'Thrupenny all off' (haircut but that's what he calls it!).  Tuesday we will have to wait for my DD's new mobile phone to arrive before we can go anywhere but hopefully we will be hitting Ikea at some stage that day.  Wednesday we have a hospital appointment for the boy, afterwards we are going to my friend's for lunch. 

Thursday I'm having my haircut and I'm risking a new hairdresser (recommended by my sis).  I've been going to my current one for 7 months and at £26 a time she's had a fair few quid from me.  The first couple of cuts were great and I was really happy.  She had just started up her own salon after 'leaving' her old job.  I appreciate that she's trying to build up her customer base but it bugs me when I am still waiting to have my haircut 40 minutes after my appointment time.  Then there have been a few other things that have annoyed me a tad -  I've been to her about 7 times and she never remembers my name, she always asks me what it is, even though I'm booked in her appointment diary - she still asks.  She now has a helper to wash your hair before she cuts.  The last time she really hurt my head as she was so rough and forceful (even made a point of rubbing the lump on my head and then pulling the hair aside to have a closer look!!)  I asked her to be a bit more gentle as my head was feeling a bit sensitive - she even had the cheek to ask me why!  Then to cap it all the hairdresser always thins my hair out with a pair of thinning scissors as my hair is very thick.  On this day she had a friend there who she constantly talked to in Iranian whilst she was cutting my hair, and she managed to thin my hair about a centimeter from the hair base and now I'm left with wisp's of hair floating all over the place as it grows back.  My sister's hairdresser is a bit more expensive then I've been paying but I have a 50% off voucher for my first visit - so fingers crossed, if not I'll be wearing my hat till it grows back!

On Friday I'm off to the opticians for a check up.  I'm trying Boots this time as they seem to have some good deals on their frames.  Up til now I've only needed them for close up work like reading and on the computer but I think I may need to wear them for longer but we will see.

DD thinks I am having a mid-life crisis as I've taken to painting my toe nails in bright colours and am even wearing a toe ring...she keeps calling me a gypsy - cheeky little moo.  I could see me living on the road if I were able to get a motor home like the one that Glen Martin DDS has on his  show - it's bigger inside then a 3 bed semi with all the luxuries too but outside it's just like any ordinary motor home...a bit like a tardis I guess lol.

I see today yet another premier league footballer can't keep 'it' in his under pants, stupid man.  Don't they realise what they have to loose all for the sake of a night in the pit with another woman - and to add insult to injury he even had to pay her for her services......what a mug.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Sue x x x

4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, hard to get those lists cleared for the rest of your vacation, I'm sure.

    Too bad that good hairdresser got too big for her britches. It does sound like time for a change. I hope it's fixable.

    I hope the little guy's toe heals up, any idea what caused it in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hairdresser sounds terrible!! I've never had to wait that long at the hairdressers - sounds like she's not able to book her appointments in properly and make sure she sees everyone.

    Hope the toe heals up soon, the Drs will be sick of the sight of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, unfortunatly he likes to nibble on his toe nails - as if I don't feed him enough! as there doesn't seem to be an obvious wound I guess it's got to be that. Good thing is it's scared him not to bite them again!. Still looks red this morning - this will be his 3rd full day of the second lot of Anti-B's so I will wait till tomorrow morning and if there no change I'm back to the quacks!

    It doesn't help either that he keeps knocking it - sods law or what!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. life always hurls you a curved ball eh?
    x

    ReplyDelete