Luckily, I decided to take a closer look at the one from Domestic & General with regards to the extended warranty on our fridge/freezer that apparently runs out at the end of this month. Now, this fridge/freezer has given us nothing but trouble since we have had it. The first one packed up a month after we brought it, the replacement lasted a bit longer....in fact until that Christmas eve, when it decided to pack up again - just after Waitrose had delivered the turkey and all the usual Christmas trimmings.....not the best Christmas I can tell you. This time the manufacturer came out and fitted a part to rectify the problem. They realised that there was a fault with this model BUT they still continued to produce it it even though....thanks Bosch! Then we had to beg them for compensation for all the food we lost that Xmas! You see, you pay good money and look what you get.
So, to cut a long story short, we decided that as it didn't have a good track record it was probably best to get the extended warranty for the next couple of years. To this day the fridge still thinks it's a freezer and every now and then will part freeze the food in the fridge...including the beer once!!
We had decided not to continue with the warranty as to be honest we will be pleased to see the back of it. So as I was saying, I was just about to shred the said renewal paperwork when I read the small print. It says that unless I contact them they will automatically extend the warranty for another year and take the money from my bank account. Bloody cheek or what?. So, we know have to call them to cancel the policy and I'm sure they will try and push for us to keep it on (they always do) and as I don't trust them at all, I will cancel the direct debit with the bank....just in case.
**********
A friend of mine has just started on the dating scene after she split up with her hubby earlier on in the year. She had met a chap at her exercise class recently with a nice personality and a very well toned body too. They had been on a couple of dates and they really clicked. After the last date she was happy to go back to his for a kiss and cuddle and to see how things progressed. Now, as she's recently hurt her toe and didn't want to risk sandals she had to wear a pair of full black leather stiletto boots...can you see where this is going.....I bet you can't.
Well, as I was saying, there they were snogging on the sofa when he suddenly stopped and decided he fancied her boots more then her and started licking them...not a little lick either, we are talking full on licking......yuk.
He licked then from the bottom to the top - several times. Now, she stared to feel very uncomfortable - he apparently was really enjoying himself...if you get my drift. He couldn't see what the problem was when she declared that actually she wanted to go home now. I think she had a lucky escape as god knows what he might have had in his wardrobe! Apparently, he only manged to lick one of the boots as he was stopped before he started on the other, so I hope he has not left any water marks on them. I told her to use scotch guard as well!
I did ask if he had a black tongue afterwards, she said she didn't stay long enough to find out.
Apparently, neither she nor the boots are going to see him again!
At the weekend a neighbour popped over for a chat on the doorstep as I was putting the rubbish out. Now, we were having a serious conversation but he kept smirking at me and giggling, which I thought was a bit rude of him. Anyhow, after a while we said our goodbyes and I came back into the house. As I passed the hall mirror I caught sight of myself wearing a pair of large white fluffy bunny ears. I had put them on earlier as I was tidying up after the kids...and forgot. No wonder he was laughing at me!
Have a good week.
Sue x x x

Oh many's the time I've had my boots licked, it's not really that unusual
ReplyDeleteI loved the boots in the photo until I read the licking stuff --- eeewwww!
ReplyDeleteHey, bunny ears aren't bad. My BIL got up with SIL one morning he had off. After she left for work he headed back to bed. Taking off his pj bottoms. When he got up later (not looking down obviously)he just pulled on the pj's. Later the mailwoman stopped by with a pkg. She looked at him funny and asked if everything was ok or was she interuppting something. He told her no. She gave him another look and turned shaking her head. Only later as he was about to get into the shower did he realize his pj bottoms were inside out and his under wear were on the outside.
Smiles - Denise
Yep, they get that automatic re-newel into a lot of contracts anymore. My DH hardly ever opens his mail, we are now getting one of his favorite mags at the FULL PRICE!
ReplyDeleteBoot licking, ew, I don't like it when my dog does it! EW!!!!!
Aw, you were probably adorable in the bunny ears!
Well H, I'm sorry but there is no boot lickin' in the circles I move in hun!.
ReplyDeleteSo funny Denise, shr probably thought Typical man! lol
Thank you Sharon, If I may say so, I think I do look rather fetching in the bunny ears!
Strange, don't know why it changed my name to About me...hopefully sorted now. S x x
ReplyDeleteThanks for the best laugh I've had all week xx
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the story about the boots
ReplyDeleteSue
hae a nice weekend too!!!
ReplyDeleteAmy's juggling a bit too much at the moment, what with hers & Lotties problems....she gets very depressed & has deleted her blogs again. Thanks for asking after her......xxxxxxx
ReplyDelete