Thursday, 13 January 2011

I smell something fishy.....

Firstly, I would like to say a big 'Thank you' to you all - my friends, for the lovely comments you have left on my last post.

When I re-read it back it makes me sound a little bit selfish.  I love my family very much and I don't want to rush my children in to growing up I promise.  But sometimes you get in a rut and it's then that you start to re-evaluate you life and then realise just what you do have and that you should really be very thankful indeed!

I will try to take on board some of your suggestions.  It's difficult as I can't go out in the week as hubby works till late and Becky is not really responsible enough to look after Alex on her own....yet.  The weekends seem to be taken up with chores and as Sunday is hubby's only day off we tend not to plan too much.  But I'm sure my life is no different to many other working Mum's out there.

I've not been too well this week as my asthma has been playing up - nothing too serious but I have been struggling to get my breathe at times.  So after a visit to the docs today I have been put on a course of steroids and hopefully this will help alleviate the problem.  My under-active thyroid is also being naughty, my last blood test showed it was boarder-line and I have to have another test next month and may possibly have to up my dose of medication. 

My son too has been struggling with his asthma but after a 25 minute debate with the doc on Monday he has put him on different medication and I am pleased to say he has been transformed by it.  He can now run around at play at break/lunch time and sleep through the night with out having to use his blue reliever inhaler....yay!

Can't be bothered to cook tea tonight, so it's fish and chips all round...yummy, yummy.

Boy, is this week going fast but I'm not complaining!

Take care.


Sue x x x

4 comments:

  1. Fish and chips sounds just fine!

    You sound better, but you still need to get out - can't hubby play games or something with the kids while you go to a movie with a friend or even by yourself on Sunday?

    When I had the first batch, I was busy all the time and I didn't take care of myself. When I went to the Dr, he ordered me to get the he-- out of the house without the kids every two weeks, sometimes I just went to the movies, my ex griped and moaned over it, but, I tell you, I became a new woman! I was low T myself and Dr suggested Vitamin E besides a larger dose of the medication.

    I loved my kids, I loved the 3 that I babysat for too, but sometimes you need a whole new scene in front of you and adults to talk to about more than what's for dinner etc.

    Take care of yourself now, Sue!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a frozen pizza planned for dinner, so fish 'n chips sound wonderful!!

    Please don't be to hard on yourself--And just know that the thought NEVER for a moment occurred to me that you were being in any way selfish by what you said in your posts. I think you articulated very well how many of us have felt or are feeling...Take care of yourself and treat yourself to something fun, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sending you warm wishes, really. No answers cos I have won gold medals for being dejected.

    Spring is almost upon us, though.

    Yours, with Ventolin,

    Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well no wonder you were feeling low ! You're not wishing the time away - it's normal to feel like that at times and you are limited at the moment. But things change & you suddenly realise they've changed ! The first time you don't need a babysitter is a huge milestone then the first time you can leave tenagers " Home Alone " and go off for a night is monumental !!!!

    You'll be fine xx

    ReplyDelete