Friday, 28 January 2011

More tea Vicar........

Friday again.....Well, where did that week go then???

You'll be pleased to hear that the new mattress is great and really comfortable too.  So, as a treat I have purchased a new duvet.  Looked into getting ours dry cleaned to threshen it up but it's costs about £15, so instead I decided to buy a nice new one as they are never really the same afterwards...can't wait to get into bed tonight now.

I had to go to the Doctors on Wednesday as I've had two migraine headaches this week. The first was on Saturday and the second on Tuesday.  I'd run out of the anti-sickness tablets so I thought I'd better go and have a chat with a Doctor.  Not very helpful really, if I'm finding that they are coming more frequently then my only option would be to take medication each day to stop them coming in the first place, which is not really something I'm keen to do.  I can just about manage with the pain of the headache itself, it's the vomiting that I find really difficult as it can go on all day and night and boy do I hurt all over for a few days after.  She's given me some stronger anti-sickness tabs and suggested I try other types of over the counter pain killers to see what works best for me.  So, we shall see how I go and hope for the best.

I'm looking to see if there is a pattern for when they strike too.  One of my main triggers is if I don't have enough to eat, or if I go too long in between meals.  My appetite is very poor anyway, so I am really making a conscious effort to eat better and graze throughout for day and not get hungry.  Also, I've noticed that my caffeine intake has gone up in the last few months.  I used to have around 5 cups of tea a day but recently it's been more like 8 or 9.  So, I'm cutting down and also having de-caf tea too, although still having the odd caffeine tea through out the day as going cold turkey on caffeine can also give you headaches.

Another quiet weekend planned for us. Becky is going on a date tomorrow to the cinema with the lad from across the road.  Although, I got told off for calling it a date as they are just friends.  This is the 2nd time they've been out and they walk home from school together each day...but they are just friends, even though he says he really likes her....but they are just friends...and she really likes him .... Oh, I give up! 

When I was her age I was still playing with Sindy dolls!  Hubby is struggling with the whole idea of his little girl having boyfriends so we are not allowed to talk about it in front of him!

Enjoy your weekend, keep warm.

Sue x x x

3 comments:

  1. A new duvet, will really make that new mattress be luxurious!

    Sorry about the migraines, I know they are a zero on the fun scale. I don't have many at all any more, of course, no caffeine, no cigs, and on a beta blocker, has probably taken care of them pretty well. I remember spending days in the bedroom with the windows blocked.

    I have noticed that kids are getting away from the boyfriend - girlfriend thing, I'm wondering if they think it's too confining and prefer to be called just friends. Don't tell Dad, but a lot of them are friends with benefits, although I hope your daughter is too young for that nightmare yet!

    You take care of yourself and I hope the migraines subside! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the headaches perhaps the new mattress and duvet will help by giving you a good nights sleep so you get up feeling refreshed.I too suffer from an under active thyroid among other things ,it can cause so many other changes in your health hope you feel better soon hugs Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you can sort out these migraines. Jess doesn't have a boyfriend but some of her friends do & she has been asked out but wants to just be friends (no benefits!!!) They go out in a lovely mixed group & she is very happy

    ReplyDelete