Have you all had your census land with a thud on your door mat? What's all this about I wonder? I understand why they are doing it but I don't remember the last one asking so many questions. For some reason I feel very suspicious about it all but I shall complete (most of it) nevertheless...better had else I'll get fined!
Busy week so far at work and school this week. Alex's school has had a science fair this week and he had to do a project for it. We decided to do it on his favorite all time hobby...food, and how long before things go 'off' or become rotten and took pictures each day over a week so you could see how the food changed. I say his project but I really mean mine! It's hard enough to get him to school each day and do his homework, so as soon as he found out about this project he made it clear that he had no interest in taking part. It was tough going but we managed to do it - just about together...cost me few kit-kat's though.
So today he took it in to school and this afternoon it was presented to the whole school and parents. His friend who also wasn't too bothered in joining in, was quick to jump on Alex's band wagon and the project quickly became 'theirs'. You've got to give his friend 10 out of 10 for his quick thinking! I would have made a fuss but I like the lad and he's been through a tough time of late with his Mum and Step Dad splitting up so I let him have his moment of glory along with Alex.
My friend filled me in on Monday about the party last Friday. I nodded and said 'Oh good' as and when required. Have been a bit cool with her this week but not too offish. I shall will not be making as much effort as I have done in the past, and see how we go.
Seems as if some of the text has become hi-lighted....don't know why!
Hope your week is going well.
Sue x x x

I think most parents have some hand in their children's science projects at one time or another, lol! So many of the boys shuffled a certain rock collection around for several years, you would have thought the teacher would have caught on!
ReplyDeleteOh, seeing your "friend" and having to listen to the particulars, had to really rub you the wrong way, I know it would me!
Our census last year, was quite simple, just both sides of one page. I hope it doesn't take you too long, it can be a bore.
XX