Two weeks and one day off work.....how lucky am I. Absolutely manic at work yesterday, I was even in at 7.45am to make sure all the children's certificates were finished in time for the 11am assembly.
So, what are we planning to do during this school holiday? Well, the first week we are at home but will be spending the second week at the caravan. Today I was up before 8am, the sun was shinning and our world seems a good place today. It's amazing the difference a bit of sun makes isn't it. Hubby is at work next week so I am going to catch up on chores around the house. I plan to attack the garden this weekend with hopes for our first barbecue on Sunday. Mr Weatherman says the good weather will be leaving us next week - shouldn't be surprised really should we as it is only April!
I plan to spend some quality time with Becky this holiday too. We've had a few heart to hearts and she agrees that it's not right to harm herself and she promised me that she won't do it again - and even if she feels that she needs to (?) she will talk to me first. I am not naive and I realise that this may not happen but she is fully aware that if it does happen again then I will have no choice but to take her to the doctors and speak to the school. She's half admitted that she does it for the attention or when she feels wound up and frustrated. I've told her that we've all been through this and that she needs to find some other way to channel these feelings. I feel if we are all being open and truthful this can only help her to overcome this.
So, I am now going to pop to Homebase to have a mooch around as they have 20% off today and I feel like tarting up the front garden!
Have a lovely weekend.
Sue x x x
It sounds like she's being very grown-up about this. Of course it helps that she has a Mum who is doing her best to understand.
ReplyDeleteYour comment about failing at parenthood at the end of the last post is a million miles from the truth. We all have flare ups when there are teenagers in the house, at the time they seem like the end of the world, but when you look back at how you handled them you will be prouder of yourself than you can imagine at the moment.
Good luck to you all and I think Beckysounds like a lovely daughter. Try to find something to do when she gets these levels of frustration, old plates to smash,books to tear, anything that she can safely rage at and not hurt herself.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Sue xx
hOmebase on a saturday is a lesbian meet place....did you knowthat?
ReplyDeletex
A day late here, sorry.
ReplyDeleteTwo weeks of time off, I'm sure you were ready! Have loads of fun or relax time!
Missed the last post, but by the gist of it, I will agree with Sue - once they hit a certain age, they do have minds of their own and nothing, I mean NOTHING that they do, is your fault. My SIL beat herself up pretty bad because her girl was drinking and running around and got into a bad wreck. Religious home, doesn't stop them from experimenting on their own.
Have a great vacation!!!!
John, what are you like!. I wondered why there was a lot of women in denim dungarees there!!!! Thanks for your comments Sue & Sharon....baby steps x
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great holiday and quality time with Becky xx
ReplyDeleteJohn's post made me giggle. Longer comment on previous post Xx
ReplyDeletegreat to catchup with u...more blogs more regulary please!
ReplyDeleteYes Mr Gray....sorry lol x
ReplyDelete