Wednesday, 11 May 2011

A rose for a rose.....

The only drawback from working in a school is all the bloody illnesses that seem to constantly go around it!  This week I'm lucky enough to have picked up a throat infection from one of the little darlings - could have been worse it could have been a bad case of the trots that is also doing the rounds!

Becky has got an admirer.  I know this as over the last few nights there has been a red rose left on the doorstep for her.  The poor lad over the road is besotted with her.   Tomorrow we are hoping for chocolates as the flowers seem to have set off her hay fever.

Hubby is struggling with the whole idea of his little girl having relations with the opposite sex.  But he can see a plus to this relationship blossoming.  You see we need a new brick wall built at the front of the house.  The lad that has the hots for her is currently having a rather dashing wall erected by his Dad and Grandad (with ironwork too I tell you).  Hubby has asked her to drop hints to him  that if we happened to awake one morning to a nice new wall in the front garden he would be a very happy man.

Alex came home from school tonight very excited about the current topic he is learning.  He said that we need to find out as much as we can about the hymen.

Now, I asked him three times to repeat what he had just said to me, and he was sure it was the hymen that we needed to research further.......?

Now, I know they are having lessons on PSHE (personal, social and health education) but I feel that the school is going a bit too far on this one with 10 year olds but on the other hand nothing would surprise me nowadays.

So, when we got home I asked him if they had been talking about the hymen already at school, he said they had.  So I asked him what he had already learnt and he advised me - They are from the olden days, they ride on horses, have guns and say "Stand or deliver"

Ahhh, Highwayman.

I said...."Phew".

I was imagining the teachers face if I sent him in with a load of printouts from the computer.. I'm sure I'd have been greeted with a "Mrs Smith, the Headteacher would like to see you in his office ASAP"

Hope your week is going well!

Sue x x x

7 comments:

  1. Lol! A very funny post; it really made me laugh out loud. We are also reading The Highwayman with our Year 5 class. One boy was yesterday said to the teacher that the Highwayman and Bess were happy because they were 'making love'. Close but no coconut 'in love' was the answer!

    Hope you feel better soon. Almost four weeks in and no illnesses to report as yet - fingers crossed! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have not been got at yet! Thankfully I'm a tough old bird and it doesn't stop me from going into work. So pleased you are enjoying your new job. S x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue that's such a classic to tease Alex with in years to come ! Mind you ... I wouldn't have been suprised either what they get up to in PHSE is mind boggling !

    That's sooo sweet for Becky ( hope you get your wall ) Jess has had two serious admirers desperate to go out with her but she'd rather be friends much to their dismay ( all over facebook ) She's actually really great friends with one of them & both being single are sharing a tent at Reading festival - she says she trusts him.
    She read me a thing on Facebook some boy had written about being relegated to the rank of ' friend' It was so sad !

    Hope you feel better soon - bugs are the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon at least you can still laugh, kids say the most funny things.

    Hugs Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pat, good to hear from you hun. I hope your hubby is still recovering well. S x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sue! Life at your house must be an absolute riot! I needed a good laugh this morning! I did tell you that dial up was slow, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes you did Sharon, it's a pain isn't it hun x

    ReplyDelete