Sunday, 1 May 2011

Sun is shining in the sky............

How lucky are we to have such good weather at the moment.  Usually a Bank Holiday = rain but not this year.  So far so good.

We spent the last week of the Easter holidays at our caravan and were in shorts for the whole week!.  We even had a visit to the local hospital for Alex (this doesn't normally happen until the summer ;-) as we thought he'd broken his big toe after tripping over - thankfully he hadn't but he hobbled around on a badly bruised foot for a few days.

So this long weekend we decided to take the children to Alton Towers.  We arranged it months ago and booked to stay over so we could spend 2 full days there.  We thought, rather stupidly, that it would not be too busy with the Royal Wedding.....how wrong were we.  It took us an hour and a half to do the last 5 miles, cars were bumper to bumper.  What we hadn't realised (Nor had the staff at AT) was that the newspapers had printed an offer in the week for a 2for1 offer - so it was packed on Friday.  Hubby (being the cheapskate that he is) booked the overnight accommodation at the cheapest place possible - £19 per night for a family room!!!!  Lets just say that it served it's purpose but next time we go I will be booking the hotel.  The bed was broken in the middle so it had a wicked roll together so I spent the whole night holding onto the edge of the bed.  Becky had the sofa bed and Alex had a pull out bed on the floor - he seems to have had the best nights sleep on it too!

Things are going really well with Becks.  No more incidents to report.  I took the advice of Fostermummy and now have her on high dose Primrose oils capsules...so fingers crossed.  Hubby has been giving her lots of time recently and it's nice to see that she's become a 'Daddy's Girl' again.  She was always his shadow when she was younger, so this is heartwarming to see.  It's funny but we've changed rolls a bit too.  I used to be the good cop and he the bad cop but we've swapped now.  Not deliberately but I decided that I was being to lenient with her and a tad to free and easy with treats so I've toughened up...he felt he was being too hard on her and is being a bit of a softie now! 

So back home home know and thinking about doing a bbq today, so a trip to the supermarket is on the cards me thinks.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Take care.

Sue x x x

4 comments:

  1. I cant wait for a touch of rain...does that make me a real grouch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are getting better for you and your daughter ,l know how tough it can be l have six children three of them girls the youngest being seventeen and boy can she give me a hard time when she wants to.Love and patience in big doses,l hope things keep getting better for you and your family.

    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a lovely time ( apart from the dreaded trtaffic jam )
    Sounds like you are really getting on top of things and investing quality time with your children. Keep strong.
    When I last ckecked your blog blogger told me it had been removed ! Tried this morning & here you are - so pleased !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Penny, I had the same problem last week and then it came back again.....V stra
    nge indeed! S x

    ReplyDelete