I am sat here posting this blog, when I should be at work. After a weekend of vomiting and a fever I took myself off to the docs this morning (8am appointment!!) to be told that I now have a chest infection. So I'm dosed up with 500mg of anti b's and a weeks course of steroids.....I am not happy bunny.
I shouldn't feel guilty as I've only had 1 day off work sick in 3 years - but now I'm thinking that this is where I'm going wrong. Last week I had a really bad throat infection and I should really have taken a couple of days off to rest and recover but no that's not like me. I soldier on, popping every sort of pill along the way and then WHAM BAM Saturday morning it hits me and takes me out good and proper. Perhaps I will learn for the future.
So the pills are making me feel yucky and I'm feeling very sorry for myself. My only savior is Sky+ as I have loads of episodes of Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder to watch.
But I'm not on my own as hubby has taken a couple of days off work . He has a lot of time in lieu owing to him and he is also feeling a bit under the weather too as he is not sleeping too well, keeps having nightmares when he does and is very emotional. He also visited the Docs this morning and has now been put on anti-depressants. We had some bad news yesterday regarding his Mum. It looks like her cancer may have returned but this time to her lungs. We will know more a week Friday when she sees the consultant. We know that whatever happens is out of our control, and I keep telling him that she fought breast cancer and I'm sure she can fight this too.
The next few weeks are not going to be easy but we are a good strong family unit and I'm sure we will be able to ride whatever is thrown at us.
On the plus, Becky is going from strength to strength. We know have around 10 roses and he is still very smitten :-) but not a brick in sight!
Take care.
Sue x x x
Sorry to hear that you're poorly. Make sure you and Mr Smiffy get some r and r time! x
ReplyDeleteThanks Pink, we will defo try hun x
ReplyDeleteOh poor you. Take some time off - you need to recoop energy. So sorry to hear about our mum in law.
ReplyDeleteWhat a rotten time for you and hubby,
ReplyDeletel will keep you in my thoughts that you hopefuly get some good news about hubbys mom,god bless.
Hugs Pat.
Wow! I'm really coming in right at the wrong time. Here's hoping that you all get better soon. And sending big hugs to your Mother In Law. She'll need the support.
ReplyDeleteYour New Friend, m.