I've just done my tally up and I can confirm that we have just 5 weeks till the big guy in the red suit with a white beard pays us a visit.
So, I ask myself...is it too early to put the Christmas tree?
What do you think?
I asked at work and the general consensus was "Are you taking the pee, of course it's too early"
So I think it's best if I leave it another week.
Alex will be 11 on Boxing Day. He actually still thinks Father Christmas might be real. I know this as he is always asking me how it's possible for such a large person to actually fit down a chimney, and how on earth can he give presents to every child in the world on Christmas Eve. So, I say to him what do you think Alex, if you would like him to be real then he is. We got the stockings out of the cupboard and I asked him if he's not sure if he exists do we need to bother to hang them up this year then? He said he didn't want to risk not putting them up just in case he did come to our house......bless him!
Nearly done all my Christmas shopping now, only some odds and sods to get. It looks as if it is just going to be us again this year on Christmas day as my in laws are being anti-social again and would rather go up the pub and then stagger to their friends house for more drinks and my Dad is just happy to be sat at home alone as he finds this time of year depressing without Mum being here.
But do you know what, I really, really don't give a hoot as this means we will have a lovely relaxing day just pleasing ourselves.
Not a lot planned for the weekend, I've had a bad headache for the last day but thankfully it's just lifting. Might pop to Costco on Sunday to pick up some lovely Lillies, they sell 10 stems with at least 5 heads on each stem for £4.50....a real bargain in my books....they also make a mean latte to!
Take care
Sue x x x x
I will be putting up my tree either next Friday or Saturday. Personally, if we didn't do Thanksgiving next Thursday my tree may already be up. Well, I think! lol
ReplyDeleteI do normally pop my tree up the first of December. I think I will do it a week later this year maybe. I think if you want to put it up then go for it!.
ReplyDeleteThats sweet your son is still a believer. I think my son stopped being a believer just before year 6. I was trying to make it as real as possible for long as I could being the last baby!
I sent mil Christmas parcel of to Spain. Not feeling particulary festive but the show must go on!. Also still have family & son to make it nice for. Not sure what will be happening with DD so that feels a bit weird. Sure there will be more sniffling from me!.
I always look forward to a new year to!. Especially this year for some reason!.
Thanks for being a great bloggy mate x x
I've seen some people put the tree up just before (our) Thanksgiving, so they can put the gifts they buy on black Friday, under them right away. Some wait, like I used to, until just before Christmas. Some (like me now) don't put any up at all. I guess it all depends on how long you want to look at it. :-)
ReplyDelete