Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Well, how was it for you then...............


Christmas, where have the last few days gone? It seems like such a big build up and then it's all over in one day! We had a quiet Christmas this year, the first in about 10 years....and to be honest I'm not too sure if I liked it that way. We have always had my in-laws and my parents to us for dinner on Xmas Day and Boxing Day but this year my In-laws decided to stay home as my husband's Nan is not too well (she's 86 so I'll let her off) and my Dad also stayed at home as he is still struggling with the loss of my Mum and finds Christmas especially difficult. The kids at first were not too pleased as they really enjoy having their Grandparents around them at this time of year BUT when I explained that they would still get presents from them they seemed OK with the situation. So, we pretty much had a lazy day. Although for a change it was nice to be able to sit down and spend time with the children.

My darling son was born on 26th December !! Not very well planned was it. So, we have two manic days to look forward to each year. He was 9 this year and was like a wound up toy for the 2 days.

Well, this year I had planned to be a good girl and not hit the sales....well I didn't actually hit them in person....no, I hit them on the web. Did you know, a lot of them started on the 23rd? Well they did and I spent my fair share at the Disney Shop, M & S and Debenhams. Had to be done, I'm afraid I'm a sucker for a bargain. I will put most of my bargains in my gift box on top of the wardrobe. This means that I have 'covered' many birthdays (inc Father's Day) for 2010. Not looking forward to the credit card statement hitting the mat the end of Jan.

Well, that's all for now. I am sorry it has been a while since my last post but I have taken the slap on the wrist from Penny and now plan to update at regular intervals.
Happy New Year!
Sue x

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I had a lovely quiet Christmas this year too :). It was my birthday also on Dec 26th (I turned 32) and for me it has always made Christmas extra exciting and special. All the best for 2010! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH !!! It wasn't a slap on the wrist !!!

    anyway good to see you here all fresh & bright with a cute kitty - HAPPY NEW YEAR xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the comments over on my blog!

    Happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete