
Well here we are 2010. I have only just got used to writing 2009!.
On New Years Eve we went to visit my Brother in Law who is currently residing at her Majesty's guest house very near Warwick Castle...a lovely part of the country (although when I told him this he remarked that although he had been there nearly 6 years he hasn't seen any of it!) So, we had to have a very early start (up at 5.30am to leave at 6.30am) to make it for our 9.30am visit. It wasn't busy at all and there were only 3 families waiting to go in.
So in we go, firstly they check you by your passport photo, then you have to put your index finger on a little scanner and as you go through each section of the prison they check that's it's still you on the scanner. Then you have to walk through a metal detector - the kids go through fine, so does the OH but me....not so straight forward and the alarm goes off big time. I am asked to go through again, in case it was an error BUT no, off it goes again. I start to explain that it could be the button on my jeans or the toggles on my jacket or even the wires under my bra but my son has other ideas as to the reason for the alarm going off doesn't he. Now, he's just turned 9 and has my wicked sense of humour and doesn't quiet understand the implications of what he is saying, and shouts out " She's got something in her knickers!" Ordinarily, this would have been very funny but not today. I explain to the 2 guards that the only 'thing' in my knickers is what should be there and try to laugh it off. So off I am carted into a side room for a more detailed search...which thankfully confirms my innocence as it was the hooks on the back of my bra that triggered the alarm. After a good sniff over by the dog to make sure we were not trying to smuggle in drugs we are finially allowed to go and see the BIL. I can laugh about it now!
So, today I have decided to tidy up the house before I go back to work next Tuesday. The tree has been packed away and the cards have all come down. The kids and OH have been sent upstairs until the job has been done....peace at last.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
everything seems bare without the decorations doesnt it...great to put them up but great to take them down also!! happy new year xxx
ReplyDeleteOMG ! I'm usually with the person who mutters " it's only a bomb " at the airport !
ReplyDeleteI keep decs up til twelfth night as I never put them up very early & we used to live in Spain where Jan 5th is V important - will be blogging about it
Glad you are back in Blogland ( I was a Smiff too ! )