I love to spend money. I really do. I enjoy the rush when you order online....if it's one of my favorite sites they already have my card details stored so it's just a case of pushing a couple of keys and the order is placed. The anticipation of wondering when your goodies will arrive...waiting for the doorbell to go. One of my favorite websites is called Hot UK Deals (HUKD). It's a sharing of information website for bargains, and it's free to join. It really has saved us lots of money over the years...or has it. Perhaps if I didn't belong to it then I would have saved more money by not spending in the first place!.
I never really buy things for myself though, it's always for the house, children of the DH. I always feel guilty if I buy it for me but it's always OK if it's for someone else...how daft is that.
It all started when I lost my Mum 5 years ago. It took me away from the upset and gave me a good feeling for a while. But now it has to stop and I have to be a good girl and only buy what we need....which if I am honest is not a lot. We have good life, but why is this still not enough for me. Why can I not just say I am happy with my lot? Boredom maybe but with 2 kids and working you'd think I wouldn't have the time to get bored. Perhaps I need to find a new hobby or failing that a richer hubby! lol
If only I knew.
I think you have been very honest here - try to get on top of it or it will spiral.
ReplyDeleteI use Amazon a lot & have made a few mistakes & left it too late to return so lost my money ! Bummer !
I don't drive so internet shoppping has helped me out but I had my card cloned before Christmas which was a shock.
My 17 tear old daughter has learned the hard way ... had to go through her bank statement to see how all her summer holiday earnings have disappeared... all was accounted for ( she'd forgotten the £160 for Isle of Wight Festival tickets )
xx
Hi Penny, thanks for your comment. Yesterday was not a good day as it would have been my mum's 79th Birthday and I'd been to the grave that afternoon, so I was feeling a bit sorry for myself :( But I am going to find something else to get a buzz from - I used to make my own cards but perfection got the better of me and I gave it up as I didn' think they were good enough, even though I was assured they were lovely...I will try again when the kids are older and I have more time. I am going to pop to Hobbycraft the weekend and see what other crafty things take my fancy. Hope you are having a good week. Sue x
ReplyDeleteI know what youy mean - I started doing some art work & have given up for now - disillusioned even though I had lovely comments !
ReplyDeleteI'm starting a veggie patch which I'm looking forward to.
I'm going to be strict about blogging too as I spend hours & hours on the computer & nothing else gets done at all - trouble is kids are off school as we finally got some snow so I'm not in a routine yet !
take care & chat anytime xx
Hi Sue, thanks for your comment....I still feel really awful! I agree, I love buying for others but feel really guilty spending on myself. You know what though, You only get one chance at life so LIVE it! ...xxx
ReplyDeleteHi,Sue
ReplyDeleteI just lost my mum last year.I'm still sad now. So i might share with you. Lost family is hard thing.
Shopping is so much fun to me.
And I love music.Always makes me heal.
Hope you will find another hobby for yourself also.
take care