Hi there, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are fighting fit for another week in 'Blogland'!
The snow has now gone from London after a weekend of rain BUT they have been threatening more for the middle of this week, so we will see.
Why is it that at the end of the day as soon as my 2 children are together they start on each other.....the pushing, the name calling and the fighting. Every night on the way home from school it's the same. I am lucky to get back to the car without a spat of some sort. I wouldn't mind but they are in different schools so it's not as if they have been together all day. Unfortunately it seems as if my teen is the instigator of it all - as last week her school finished early each day so it was just me and my 9 year old and it was heaven! So, she has just been told that enough is enough and from now on she's walking home from school, it will take her about 40 mins as she walks at a snails pace......she's not a happy bunny.
I've been trying really hard with my spending this month on grocery shopping and plan to come in around £400, which really is an improvement on previous months. I am allocated £600 from DH for food but my plan is to put the money I don't spend towards paying off my credit card which is currently at £500. I will be tempted to spend it elsewhere as DD needs a new blazer and blouses for school but I think if I am careful in our daily spending there will be enough in the pot to cover these items. Before, I would have put it on a credit card without a second thought but not now.
I have also wised up to the kids with regards to the snacking they do throughout the day. My son could polish of 4 kit-kats in a day if I let him and my daughter could probably do the same. I don't mind them having a small kit-kat in their lunch box or a bag of crisps but it was getting out of hand. So, on Friday I hid all the crisps and biscuit bars for school. They didn't have any over the weekend as they thought we had ran out - instead they had fruit, carrot sticks and yoghurts. Sneaky or what!
Right that's all from me for now.
Sue x
That's clever not sneaky! xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much you can trim off the food bill when you don't buy the 'junk' ! Good luck with your efforts..hope your bill is paid off soon!
ReplyDelete;-)
great idea - while she's walking home she can think about it !
ReplyDeleteMine can give little snyde comments to her younger brother - not often but when she does I remind her that I am the mother and she can just stop criticising her brother who could be a lot worse and then she'd have something to complain about !!!
We are cutting back - and the snacks are being rationed too ! Our food bill is HUGE
SMIFFY ! the little red rooster picked YOUR choice of name out of his bucket... and so Ernest's travels begin with you !
ReplyDeletePlease email me your address so I can send him on his way
Pennysteel@talktalk.net
Oh wow...thanks Penny. He'll have a great week with us I promise. I've had a chat with the cat and he's promised to be a good boy....I'll email you straight away! Sue x
ReplyDelete