Sunday, 28 February 2010

Nice weather for ducks.....


The weather has been awful this weekend, if we get much more of this rain I'll be tempted to start building a ark!

Thankfully, Friday was a much better day at work.  The school journey I had arranged for the day before for 100 little darlings (which was the cause of much of the stress) was a complete success and other theatre goers even commented on how well behaved our children were....so it makes it all worthwhile in the end.

Yesterday morning we deposited the children in the cinema for a 95p showing of Aliens in the Attic with a large tub of popcorn, whilst hubby and me deposited ourselves in a nice warm & dry coffee shop for a large full fat latte and Danish each......which was delish!

My daughter is in the process of choosing her options for Year 10/11 at school....which is not easy when she can't decide what she wants to do when she is older, but then she is only 13 and if I remember correctly at her age neither did I.  So we have lots of meetings with the school to help her to decide but as she is a hard worker and is doing well in all her subjects - all the teachers want her to do their subjects.  So at the moment we've decided on a language (either German or Spanish) maths and triple science and will decide the others over the next few days.  When I was at high school in the 80's I'm sure we only had about 8-10 options to choose from but now there are many more and different pathways she could choose from also.....not an easy choice I tell you.

We had her report from the school on Friday giving us her current grades, and she is doing really well and we are very proud of her. So as a treat we took her out for a lovely Chinese meal for dinner last night, DS had a birthday party in the evening to attend.  So all in all we had a lovely day yesterday.

Today I plan to put more items on Ebay.  My last lot brought home £350's - so I am tempted to put more unwanted & unused items on now.

We had planned to go swimming this afternoon but at this rate the kids can go out into the garden for a swim!

Hope your weekend is going well too.

Sue x

2 comments:

  1. my comment has disappeared Damn !
    Joe is choosing his options & dropping Spanish - Jess took GCSE Spanish.
    I suggest choosing a subject that isn't too " wordy " to enjoy as there is a lot of writing in some subjects.
    Jess took B'tech science & got a distinction but we are not sure if Joe can take it.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather is awful here in the north east of England too :( You should put a link on your blog to your Ebay incase there is anything any of us fancy bidding on x

    ReplyDelete