I understand why they make some packaging re-sealable, I really do. Like pasta - if you don't re-seal it properly you could end up with a shower of dried pasta greeting you as you open the cupboard. That makes sense.
But...come on, why have they made the packet of Cadbury's Giant chocolate buttons re-sealable. It's a joke isn't it ? I don't know anyone (including myself) who actually puts a half eaten packed back in the cupboard.
Yet another migraine today. I did get rather stressed with the children yesterday evening (note to self, never take them to Sainsbury's for a big food shop after school again) so this may have been the cause for it. I need to sit down when my head is clear to see what is causing me to have them so frequently. I know I am not the best eater in the world and often leave my evening meal too late and then don't feel like eating at all but the kids like to eat theirs around 5pm and it's too early for me. It would be different if hubby was around in the evenings as I often can't be bothered to cook a proper meal for me and end up picking at food or just having toast. I would love it if he worked normal hours and was home for 6pm but the shift he works on starts at 2pm and finishes at 10pm. I should be used to it by now as he's been doing these hours for the last 8 years.
So not a lot has been done in the house today. I did make an attempt to sort out the draws where we keep our paperwork and have been shredding but the noise was not helping my head so I had to stop.
I've decided that I really do need to loose some weight. I hope to be at least a stone and a half lighter by the summer holidays. I'm not going to be too adventurous and hope to loose around 2lb a week. So I've dusted off my running machine, put new batteries in the Wii fit in readiness and will see how I go.
The hubby is being very brave and has made the decision to have the 'snip' next Friday. We have talked about him having it done on and off for the last few years but his dear friends have always talked him out of it. But we have an appointment for next Friday at 11.30am to have the deed done. Of course I shall be going with him not just to hold his hand but to make sure he does actually go through with it! He's been told that for 24 hours afterwards he must not do a thing and be waited on hand and foot, so no change there then!
It's very strange but he seems to be under the impression that afterwards there will be a marked increase in his 'quota', well I won't break the bad news to him just yet....maybe next Saturday!
Sue x

You had better have some frozen peas to hand then! to something, anyhow...(well they helped my hubby when he had the chop!) xxx
ReplyDeleteHELLO SUE!!! Sorry you've got a terrible headache, but I can certainly understand why the shredder may have made it worse! I work in a dental office and when I start to get them the sound of the drill has the same effect as running your fingers down a chalkboard--Sorry I know the thought of that sound can even bring chills! ;-)) I do hope you feel better, and all goes well with your husband too!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteI had to keep a diary about my migranes, caffine, chocolate and periods really didnt help at all.
ReplyDeleteell done of Mr for the snip
Morning all, thankfully my head is much better today.
ReplyDeleteTracey, yes we'e been told about frozen peas, I mentioned to hubby that as we probably wouldn't be able to eat that amount after they've defrosted I will have to buy the 'cheapos' as I'm not wasting my Petit Pois !!
Oh Kim, I hate the noise of that drill at the dentist too!
Yes, Mummy Mad I plan to start a diary to see what is triggering it - mostly it seems to be stress I think.
Hi pleased to meet you! i hope all goes well with hubbys op!! (shhh dont tell hubby.. my brothers op never worked first time) .xx
ReplyDeleteOMG, no Jackanne...I will not be telling him that! Nice to meet you too Sue x
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your Hubby on Friday, and good luck to you too, he will milk it for all he's worth.....frozen peas will be the least of your worries!! Haha.
ReplyDeleteMy LH had his snip many years ago in the Navy. Seems then if they asked for it, it was done within the hour, before they had chance to change their minds!!
My Mum has terrible migraines triggered by coffee and cheese, unfortunately these used to be her favourites.
Sue xx
Give him the bad news later - he'll be walking like John Wayne !
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you are suffering. The diet sheets look like a good idea. Try to reduce stress - very hard with young children. A class in something- I do T'ai Chi & feel wonderul afterwards whatever mood I'm in.
Hope you feel better & can get some relief x
An aubergine with two prunes was how my friend's husband described himself (ahem!)post snip, so those frozen peas are a must!
ReplyDeleteFancy making those giant chocolate buttons in a resealable bag - ridiculous!! Obviously a man to blame!
I just don't cope with those resealable bags anyway.......... best just to shovel the chocolate buttons down whilst fresh!
ReplyDeleteSquirming thinking about your hubby's forthcoming "procedure".... ouch!
After my hubby's 'snip' I drobe home over all the speed bumps in Oxford and then invited the whole village over, for a party in our bedroom....Revenge after two births!
ReplyDelete