What a day.
Our appointment was at 11.35am, so we leave home at around 10am and arrive there for 11.15am so we are nice an early. The clinic said they were running about 30 mins late so we should go and have a coffee and come back at 12 noon. The clinic is about a 5 minute walk from Euston Station, just off of the the Euston Road. We find a lovely little Brazilian coffee shop that has some 'To Die For' pineapple upside down cake that was absolutely delicious...for some reason hubby didn't fancy any. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, hubby's knees were knocking.
We go back for 11.45 and we are told that they are still running behind. Hubby's eye's are fixed on the front door. His name gets called around 12.30.
I sat in that waiting room all in all for 2 and a half hours, watching people come and go. At least 4 girls came in to have abortions, I felt so sad for them. One of the girls came with her mum, said very little as her Mum did all the talking, I could see the fear in her eyes, I really could. One came with her boyfriend. They didn't look a day over 18 and just sat there holding hands. One came in a very smart business suit, on her own and kept looking at her watch as if she had a appointment that she needed to attend. The last one, well lets just say I can guess what she she did for a living, her friend's mobile kept ringing and she was booking appointments for later tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against abortions if done for the right reasons. I just hope that none of these girls regret their actions later in life.
So, around 1.30 a nurse comes to say that he's had it done but needs to rest for a while as he's a bit shaky.
He finally comes down the stairs at 2.10, looking as white as a sheet.
If anyone ever says that having a vasectomy is a piece of cake and that you could have it done in your lunch hour, they are a bloody liar. Bless him, I thought he was going to pass out and he couldn't stop shaking. Apparently he lost a lot of blood and needed stitches too. Ahem. Obviously, after two C sections and surgery to remove a large cyst and ovary, I'm full of sympathy for him.
Oh, hold on he's shouting downstairs for some grapes....brb.
Right back again. He's laid out of the bed with a big bag of frozen peas on his bits. I had to buy them especially for him as I was not going to waste my petit pois.
I reckon he is going to be a bit demanding over the weekend. The kids think the whole thing is hysterical.
Oh, hold on my mobile is ringing. It's hubby calling from his sick bed asking if there is any chance of a cup of tea, some peanut M & M's and ibruprofen. Brb.
Right, where was I. Oh yes, as I was saying. He's going to be a real pain in the arse this weekend....I can just see it now!
Sue x

When are your guests arriving?......
ReplyDeleteSounds so familiar! Has he swollen up? Paul couldn't shut his legs for 2 weeks!!!!!LOL xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a day!! I'm hoping that you BOTH are able to get some rest and your husband is better very soon!! How many bags of peas did you buy?? :-)))
ReplyDeleteI know someone who'se husband ended up having a second vasectomy..........
ReplyDeleteBest not to tell your husband about that yet though.........
Hope you are bearing up to playing nurse.......