I'm getting sick and tired of this weather now, I really am. My office at work is like a sauna, we've got one fan that coughs and splutters and doesn't seem to make the office any cooler. The staffroom has air-con but that makes it all the worse for when you come out of it - it's like hitting a wall of heat as you open the door.
I'm irritable as I'm not sleeping too well and seem to be living in the shower. Hubby is all better now, has that sparkle back in his eyes and is keen to make up on lost time ...but I keep telling him it's way too hot for any hanky panky!
We got the kids a new paddling pool as they kept on and on about getting one as I accidentally cut our old one with the flymo last year, it took ages to blow up, fill with water and get to a comfortable temperature for them to dip their lickle toes in. They were in it for all of 20 mins in which time their float, ball and lilo all ended up in next doors garden and they declared they had had enough and stood in the kitchen demanding towels making puddles on the floor, followed by wet patches on the sofas!
The poor cat doesn't know what to do with himself - imagine wearing a full length black fur coat in this weather - poor little love.
To top it all, I get a letter from Sunlife Direct saying I've been accepted for an 'Over 50's' insurance policy......FFS I'm only 44....give a girl a break, I have enough issues with my age as it is, talk about kicking someone when they are down!
Last Friday I ordered a large delivery from Mr T, including all the heavy stuff for the coming month like - cat food, bottled water (large and small), laundry stuff, tinned stuff, bottled beer, juices, bathroom stuff and so on. I always say deliver with bags as it's easier to unload and take the kitchen plus I live on a busy one way street and you can't always park outside my house. The driver turns up with about 20 creates of shopping and only a quarter of it was in bags. The picker obviously felt guilty for not bagging the items as he/she left a wadge of bags on top of one of the creates. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The Polish driver spoke very little English (Although he now knows a few English swear words!) It took bloody ages to unload as it had to be deposited in the hall and all over the lounge floor and then transferred to the kitchen. The only bonus was I seemed to get 2 bags of shopping that belonged to another customer - it was a bit of a lucky dip but it was all food that we eat...so result.
Still feeling miffed for it not being bagged, I sent an email off to Mt T's HQ's on Friday eve and got call on Saturday with an apology and my delivery charge being credited back to me.
Our Internet decided to die yesterday, we tried the AOL helpline but it was constantly engaged..probably due to the heat too!
Darling daughter is being very testing at the moment. Bloody hormones. I wish it was like it used to be in the good old days at M&S. As long as you kept the receipt, no matter how long you had the item you could return it for an exchange or refund. I'd be straight back to the hospital for a refund I tell you. Then, I'd be down the pet shop for a goldfish. At least they don't whinge and moan constantly about everything and anything and would be grateful for a pinch of food each day.
So, all in all I think I'm coping quite well with this heatwave!.....how about you guys?
Sue x

I think we've caught a break from the heat for now, but trust me, I have had my moments where it's gotten to me too, and my less than cheery personality has gone into hiding along with the dogs because they were a bit afraid of me and my temper...I guess I would be if I was them too!! :-)))
ReplyDeleteI am completely fed up with it....I need ice & snow coz my hot flushes cannot handle any more sodding heat. Other than that it's all wonderful! grrrrr. xxx
ReplyDeleteCall me crazy but I'm sensing that this heat is getting to you somewhat!!
ReplyDeleteMy office is a nightmare too - no windows and no air con which basically means we're dying in here. We had a fan going every day during the snowstorms!
Good work on getting your delivery charge back, I'm one of those people that gets all fired up and then can't be bothered to actually complain. I need to be more assertive! Plus well done on getting someone else's shopping - bonus!
As for daughters? I can't say anything, I think I was probably pretty horrific. This is why, if I'm ever lucky enough to get pregnant I hope it's a boy - far less trouble :)
hot here in wales but not as awful as the temperature u are having!
ReplyDeletego have a cool bath and a big gin!!!
Hi cheers for your comment over at mine! i do need to loose about a stone and a half, today i saw someone i hadnt seen in 11 months and she has lost 4 stone.. omg....she was thin...i am following a different diet to her and enjoying it so will stick to mine... xx
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty hot here, the past few days haven't been too bad, I got out in the yard and messed around some. Think it only went to 88 and we had a good wind, so it was tolerable. Humidity is going up - so I won't be going out. ;-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are in for some fun, for the next 4-5 years with the daughter. You are just starting. No, boys are not easier, just different. I have 4 sons..... every one of them different.
You are so lucky to have groceries delivered! My kind of heaven, as I hate shopping with a passion!
Shave the cat???? (Or rather - have the cat shaved)
Nice meeting you, and welcome to my blog!
hot bothered irritable tearful aching & fed up - that was me when it was hot.... well - you did ask !!!
ReplyDeleteI'm reaching the end of my tether with my age and the heat. Both of which are getting me down considerably! 45 next month boo hoo!
ReplyDeleteShirl x
Sweaty Betty here: can't stand it too hot, makes me grumpeeeeeeeeeeee! A bit cooler today as I write.... we had rain overnight. Yay! no plants to water today, one less job!
ReplyDeleteThe only time I can't cope is in the polytunnel. I have to be out of there for 8.30 each morning or I melt....literally in a heap on the floor. 45 degrees and rising, I suppose it saves on saunas and facials!!
ReplyDeleteSue xx
Oh wow Sue, that is hot isn't it!! Make sure you drink plenty of water hun.
ReplyDeleteYes MM it was a bit cooler last night and we had a breeze too ( and I don't mean hubby passing wind!!)
Shirl...I'm not far behind you hun (44 April gone :()
Thanks for the suggestion Sharon BUT I think I'll pass on shaving my cat thanks!
Hope you are feeling a bit perkier now Pen x
Good luck with the starving sorry diet jackanne
Got the hot flushes to look forward to Tracey lol
Yes The Girl, my boy is a lot easier then my daughter - but he's only 9 and a Mummy's boy lol