Yes, it's that dreaded time again. It's that job that you keep putting off. No more excuses. I've defrosted the freezer.
I really hate this job. We are lucky enough to have 2 freezers, one is a fridge/freezer (this one is frost free!) and the other is a tall upright one in the conservatory. I managed to condense the two on Wednesday (the draws are full to the brim) so I could switch off the larger one completely until after the summer holidays.
My mind must be elsewhere at the moment as I switched it off, left the door open and totally forgot about it till later that evening - when I noticed that the cat's food bowls were floating. I didn't even put a tray underneath it to catch the water....D'oh. Water everywhere! Took me ages to clean it all up.
We have been eating some right concoctions for our tea this week, mainly accompanied with oven chips as I found a humongous bag that I forgot I brought - but hey, waste not want not!
We had a late night at work last Thursday as we had our yearly Oscars Night. Every child get at least one award/trophy for an accomplishment over the year. We had to do it in stages this year. Foundation had theirs in the afternoon during the school day as it's too late for the little ones to stay up. Then at 6 pm we had Key Stage 1, followed by Key Stage 2 at 7.30. Parents are greeted with drinks and nibbles before they take their seats in the hall. Again, it was a great success. We even had a professional photographer present so the parents could have a lovely keepsake of their little darlings in their Sunday best! I tell you, we all struggled on Friday as it was hard work.
So, now we are on the final countdown....3 more days at work and then nearly 6 weeks off....yippee.
The boy is busy planning how we will fill our days. DD has already broken up, she finished yesterday. She hasn't even bothered to get dressed today....oh, to be a teenager again . We plan to spend around 4 of the weeks at our caravan over the holidays (weather permitting), I will need a couple of weeks at home as I've a list as long as my arm that I need to do around the house - all those little jobs that you never find time to do at the weekends. Then before we know it it will be September and so the school year starts all over again.
Thanks to the school and his first sex education lesson this week, the boy has learnt a new word.....Penis. He keeps repeating it over and over again. We have always called his member a Pee-Wee. He likes this new word for it and feels compelled to share it to the world.
Have a lovely weekend.
Sue x x

Umm bless 'em school sex ed ... I don't even want to hint at what my boy told me after his last school sex ed ! ( He's 14 )
ReplyDeleteI got DD up to help me clean a boat on her first day off - she grumbled all the way - she got paid what is she complaining about? and she usually drifts into college about midday anyway.
Have a great summer break
Well, at least you meant to shut off the freezer! My DH accidentally shut off the breaker and over a week later, we found the smelliest "soup" floating in it. It took forever to clean that mess up - it had been full. I cried over the steaks, but I really felt the loss of my cherry vanilla ice cream!
ReplyDeleteI always had mixed feelings about summer break.
After 3 other boys laughing and joking about "naughty bits", "wee wee", and "pee pee", my youngest son had a penis, never cracked any jokes about it in MY earshot.
Have a lovely summer!
saying "penis" over and over again is not a bad thing could be worse
ReplyDeletecould be
"vagina"
x