It's not a good week for DD. First off she had her mobile stolen from her school bag at her school sports day. She never usually takes it in to school because they have a tendency to get pinched but her sports day was off site at a local sports field and they were unsure what time it was going to finish (depending on the weather) so this is why she took it in. She was never more then a few feet away from her bag. Normally she would have taken in an old spare phone from home but that morning we were running late and she didn't have chance to change over the sim card. So we had to get her account frozen and now await a replacement card which is taking forever to arrive.
The other night she decided to make popcorn - but not in the popcorn maker we have. No, that would be too easy. She decided to use a saucepan on very high heat. So high in fact that it burnt off some of the non-stick coating. Now, the coating stuck to the corn. She decided to change pans and use one of my newer stainless steel ones. The popcorn still wouldn't pop - again on very high heat. Instead the non-stick coating stuck fast to the bottom of the stainless steal pan. End result - no popcorn and 2 pans in the bin.
Then she got a message on FB to say someone (she didn't know) had found her Oyster card (travel card). She thought it was at home but in fact she had dropped it by the bus stop in town a few days before. A grandad picked it up and gave it to his granddaughter who basically tracked my daughter down to return it to her.
Like you probably do after reading this, I felt a bit uncomfortable with the idea of the girl being able to track DD down so easily. But she lives near to my DD's school and as the Oyster card has her picture on it, she showed it to her neighbour who recognised my daughter and so she searched for her on FB. So, we popped over to her house to collect it and say thank you for going out of her way to find the owner. It would have cost £10 for a replacement, so she was very lucky.
It's been a very hectic week so far at work, and it will only get worse! Roll on the end of term!
I had to pop into town this evening as I needed to return a couple of items to Debenhams. Now, I had every intention of going to the returns desk, getting a refund and coming straight home. I even repeated the mantra in my head in the car on the way - I will not spend any money today. But I happened to catch sight of the up to 70% off sign. Sigh. Yes, I had to have a mooch and see what they were giving away didn't I - or not! Now, I live mostly in black. Always have done. But I was suddenly overwhelmed with a yearning for colour and caught sight on a lovely dark pink rain jacket with a spotty lining that I just had to have...and the next thing I knew I was walking out of the store with it in a bag! Unfortunately it was only reduced by 30% but nevertheless still a bargain.
Obviously I was meant to buy this jacket. As I put my foot out of the door the skys opened. How's that for a sign!
So much for the refund, I had to pay extra on top too....oh well, never mind!
Hope your week is going well.
Sue x x x

Oh no poor DD!! Worst week ever! Can't believe she had her mobile stolen by someone who goes to the same school as her, what a horrible lot!
ReplyDeleteAnd she's most definitely lucky to have got hold of her Oyster card again. I think it's lovely that someone went to all that effort to track her down. I once left my purse on a bus in Manchester and the next thing I know my Mum was calling me because the girl who found it looked at my driver's licence, found out my home phone number and rang my Mum to try and get hold of me. I'd never been so grateful.
If you're saving 30% then that's all you need to think about, the rest is irrelevant!
My daughter had her phone stolen in yr 7 from school while she watched show & all the bags were piled up. My nieces loose their Oyster cards all the time !
ReplyDeleteSorry about the pans - you'll have to go to Debenhams for new one !!!! Coat sounds fab !
Sounds like a real bad week for DD, is kind of bothersome though, people stealing things and then being tracked down from a travel card. Sigh..
ReplyDeleteI want to get those fancy new ceramic pans, I can't keep a pan for long, before somebody ruins it!
Think that pretty pink rain jacket was just meant to be!
It makes me sick that anyone can steal from a kid, even other kids.... Your jacket sounds lovely, sometimes you just have to buy things don't you?!
ReplyDeletexxx