Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Rain drops keep falling on my head.................

Where has the sun gone then....come on own up, whose nicked it then!  Although on a brighter note the grass is looking lush at the moment.

We made out 3rd visit to the Doctors this afternoon with little man.  His toe is still inflamed and very, very sore.  The Doc decided that it was the right time to puncture it and with a few squeezes out come lots of pus .... yuk.  It's still throbbing but we hope it will now greatly improve for him in time for our return visitto the van this coming weekend.

I too have been to the Docs this evening, to be told that I most likely have arthritis in my finger joint and that there is not a lot they can do about it....cheers.

Doctors, they're not like they used to be are they?  The one we saw today with my son who is actually our named Doctor (we belong to a practice so can see any of about 8 different Doctors) has really poor bedside manner.  I haven't seen him for ages and remarked so.  I then asked how his family were and said they must be all grown up know and enquired if he had become a Grandad yet.  He just about answered in grunts to my questions and hardly gave me any eye contact. I felt the consultation was rushed as he was bidding me farewell before my son was able to get his socks & shoes back on.  Is there really any need for this I ask?  We saw another of the partners on Friday and again I mentioned that I hadn't seen him for ages and told him I still hadn't forgiven him for diagnosing me with an under-active thyroid - we laughed about it and he replied "At least you get free prescriptions now!"  He then checked my son over and actually got down to his level and spoke directly to him - not through me.  I asked how his dog was doing as he often has Harvey (his dog) at the surgery - he said he was fine and Alex asked him questions about him and he took the time to show Alex a picture of him too, which I thought was really nice of him.  I made sure I didn't delay him any longer then I needed as I'm aware there are patients waiting to be seen.  We didn't feel rushed, he even asked how his asthma had been - to which I told him about the attack earlier in the week and he was genuinely concerned.

I know I shouldn't grumble as in some parts of the country you could be dead before you get an appointment.  We are very lucky in that respect, on the first 2 occasions my son needed to see a Doctor I called around 5pm each day and was able to literally go straight along to see the duty doctor.

I've been painting today.  On my never ending list of jobs to do before I go back to work was the job of painting the bathroom cabinet, shelves and towel rails.  They are currently pine coloured and will by tomorrow hopefully all be white!

Left the sun roof on the car open AGAIN last night = wet bottom today whilst driving!

Hope your week is going well.

Sue x x x

2 comments:

  1. Doctors! I have had a bunch in my lifetime, some really good and some beyond lousy. I had one peep into the door and ask ME - "Have I seen you yet?", time for a new doctor! He was rushing the patients through like burgers at McDonald's! My last one quit, no referrals, nothing.

    Sorry that toe isn't better, maybe he needs a big foam boot. ;o)

    Good luck with your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the toe starts to improve now!

    Have fun with the painting. It's been lovely weather here the past couple of days, will try and send it your way!

    ReplyDelete