Tuesday, 21 September 2010

No, no seeds 'ere .....

We finally have hot water. It's true what they say, you really miss something when it's gone!  I keep running the hot tap to make sure it's still working!  We even had to get up at 'stupid-o-clock' on Sunday morning to go swimming just so we could have a shower!

I grew up in a house that didn't have any heating apart from a coal fire in the living room.  We only had a bath on a Friday evening.  My Dad used to heat up the water in a large steel bucket on top of the stove and then carried it upstairs and emptied it in the bath!  Then we took it in turn to have a bath....I was the youngest so I got a bath full of scum!  I can remember lying in bed in the winter and as I exhaled it looked like I was smoking, it was that cold.  Well, I'd like to say that all of this did me no harm at all but I was very poorly as a child and teen with constant bouts of bronchitis and chest infections which lead to me being diagnosed with asthma at around 11 years old.  The trouble is - 20 years of central heating has spoilt me know.

Mind you it was touch and go as to if the engineer could fix it last night, he arrived at just after 4pm and didn't leave till 7.45pm!  The poor sod had to travel back home to Harlow after which is about 90 miles away so I made him lots of cups of tea and even feed him too. To be honest I'd locked the front door and he wasn't going anywhere until it was fixed.  I was already with the spare bed made up just in case.

Hubby is waiting for final confirmation that 'The Snip' has worked, the first sample came back negative and the seconds results are due any day.  He's given himself a new nickname now - Jaffa...'cos he's seedless.....get it!

Hope your week is going well.

Sue x x x

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sue! I have totally forgotten about your husbands "procedure." I'm glad he's seedless and YOU are feeling the warmth...From the hot water! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Heat and hot water! But, I love the cold. I open the window a few inches in winter and keep the ceiling fan on all year!
    Hope his 'boys' continue to not work. My hubby did his surgery 16yrs ago. Good luck with his results!

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete