Thursday, 21 October 2010

Mum's gone to Iceland....

I think I need to inject some excitement in to my dreary life.  Last night I popped to our local shops for some milk.  I was greeted with a large sign on the shop front saying - Store closing Saturday until Thursday for a re-fit....and I actually got quite excited about it.  No, I got very excited.  This is not good.  Especially as it's an  Iceland store.  Iceland I tell you. 

44 years old and I get all excited with the prospect of an Iceland store re-fit!

This week has been a real heavy week at work, not helped by the fact that we've had a sickness bug going through the school.  The kids have been a pain but nowhere near as much as their parents have been.  Our parents are very needy, and so we bend over backwards to accommodate them, we go out of our way to help them and one in particular who is a real pain in the arse very needy even has the cheek to criticise us.  Makes you wonder why we bother to go that extra mile for them.  Thankfully these parents are in the few and on the whole we are appreciated.

It's half term next week and we are off to the van.  Originally we were going to go from Sunday to Saturday but I have managed to negotiate Monday to Friday with hubby...and if it gets any colder the visit will be a lot shorter.

Speak to you after the holidays.

Sue x x x

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I've posted about homework over on mine - nothing personal to you or any teachers (all of my daugher's teachers are fab!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fab time & re charge your batteries.

    Our Co-Op had a refit & now you can't fit through the isles very easily !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say you need some real excitement in your life, if you go all ga-ga over a store remodel! LOL!
    Sounds like you a really ready for that break, enjoy yourself as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lead a very dull life too & would also get excited over a refit! Hope you didn't get frost bite on your break! xxx

    ReplyDelete