Friday, 10 December 2010

Holidays are coming.........

I'm still here, just about. It's  been a very busy time at work, with me staying up to home time most days and then rushing off to collect my children and not getting home till well after 4pm each day after leaving the house around 8.15am makes it a long day for me.  I don't have a lunch break either so it's full on at work.  I'm not ashamed to say that most evenings I have a little nap after I've fed the kids to re-charge my batteries.  I'm not handling this cold weather to well either, I feel cold at the best of times so this is a real challenge for me.  It's been stressful at home too as hubby has been working double shifts since the end of November and only having Sundays off too means he is not around in the mornings to help out and not getting home till 10.30pm each day....so I'm feeling a bit like a single parent at the moment.

Christmas is creeping up on us fast isn't it?  We are just about ready for it in the 'Smiff' household and very much looking forward to breaking up from school and work next Friday.

Again, it looks like it is just going to us for Christmas & Boxing Day lunch as the in-laws can't be arsed have made other plans and my Dad has decided to stay home alone again this year.  He says that although he really enjoys spending the time with us it breaks his heart having to go home to an empty house afterwards - it's been 6 years since my Mum passed away.  I would love him to come to us but if that is what he wants to do then I'm not going to force him. We will probably pop round and see him on Boxing Day.

I can't believe that my baby boy is going to be 10 years old on Boxing Day - double digits! 

I've really enjoyed reading all the posts on your blogs, I'm sorry that mine has been so quiet recently.

I'm due to have another blood test in the next week or so, and I wouldn't be surprised if my thyroid is playing up again as how I feel at the moment is if I could hibernate I really would.  I could sleep for England.

Hope you are all keeping well.  Have a lovely weekend.

Sue x x x

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Has been I awhile, you sure are busy! Yep, Christmas is coming in fast and in a little over two weeks it will all be over. Congrats to Alex for his up-coming Birthday. They do grow up fast!

    Stay well, and have a Good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So difficult this Christmas thing ! I do have the in laws coming as we hardly ever get together. My back is in agony & I feel like bipassing Christmas all together !

    How sweet a Boxing day baby. 10 is very grown up. Hope you start to feel better xx

    ReplyDelete