Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Yep, Labradors can loose it too....

We all have nick-names in our office.  Each of us in named after a breed of dog.  I'm a Labrador - playful, fun loving, all heart - soft as s**t.  My colleagues are a Poodle and a Pit-bull.  We are very similar in temperament to the breed of dog we are likened too.  Our line manager is a Mongrel - stand still too long and he'd be on your leg!

Today, I lost it though.  I lost it big time with a customer services assistant on the telephone.  I'd been holding on for nearly 25 min's to speak to his department.  I ordered an item in good faith from his company at the price advertised on the Internet but when it arrived it came in at a higher pre-sale price.  I tried to sort the problem out yesterday, again holding on for 25 minutes but was told to call back again today, this I did.  I was not willing to pay the higher price and had proof that it was at a lower price when I ordered it but he was having none of it and to be frank, nor was I. He implied that I was lying. That was it, I told him exactly what he could do with his order and asked him to arrange collection.

Isn't it funny how all of a sudden the mood can change and he was suddenly able to honour the reduced price.  He blamed the computer, I blamed his company.

It has not been the best start to the day today.  Sainsburys came with my grocery order.  I had ordered a turkey crown big enough to feed 6-7 people, they had run out of stock and sent a crown to feed 3 - 5 people instead.  It was so small that I thought the delivery guy was having a joke with me at first ! My brussel sprouts were out of date and looking very sorry for themselves too.  So I had to brave Tesco's - not the best place to be 3 days before Christmas.  It was manic.

As a pre Christmas treat for the little darlings we are off to the pantomime this evening to see Aladdin.

Hope your week is going well.

Sue x x x

3 comments:

  1. I won't speak for everyone, but I've had days and weeks like this...I'll be hoping with all those 'things' out of the way it'll be or is better!! Hang in there!!!

    I do hope you have a wonderful and enjoyable holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but it seems like during the holidays people think you will be happy with anything - even if it's the wrong size, the wrong price etc - and thankful for their service! Bah! I know that things can run short, but they should take that into mind.

    Have had a few bad days myself, sorry for yours!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete