All I can say is, nice weather for ducks! Boy did it rain today, flooding everywhere too. I don't mind the rain if I'm sat indoors all snug on the sofa watching Miss Marple or Columbo with a latte or hot chocolate but NOT when I'm trying to get to work and then to school in it...especially when I wore my sandals as I didn't really believe the weather man this morning as he had lied to me yesterday!
We spent the day in Brighton on Saturday. I few weeks back I manged to get some tickets at a 90% off price as Southern railways had a special offer on. This meant that it only cost £4.50 for the 4 of us to travel to and from Victoria station to Brighton - what a steal. We got the 9.06am train from Victoria and pulled in to Brighton station 55 mins later. So much better then driving, and a lot cheaper too. I wish someone had given me the tip-off that they had a Hollister and Superdry store there as thanks to Becky we spent a fortune (mainly on her!). Although I did treat myself to a few bits form the Kath Kidston store as well as the L'Occitane store too :-)
For lunch we decided against the fish and chip shop on the pier and decided instead to eat at the Harry Ramsden Fish restaurant . Big mistake. We queued for 25 mins to get a table and I have to say I was really disappointed with the food. My fish was over cooked and really dry. When I went in to work on Monday and told a colleague where we ate, they said we should have eaten on the pier as it does the best fish and chips in town...sods law or what!
The weekend didn't start off to well as we had 3 bits of bad news on Friday - firstly one of the teachers at work found out that their partner has CJD - such a shock for him and us I can tell you. She had not been herself for a while and initially they thought she had had a stroke. The outlook for her is very bleak indeed. Then I get home to find out that my all time hero (and God) has passed away - Peter Falk, aka Columbo. And then to cape it all, a,15 year old child from Becky's class got stabbed by 15 kids from another school on Friday eve just up the road from us. He was airlifted to hospital and I understand that he was stabbed in the kidneys but we still wait to hear if he's going to be OK. It's so sad that the country is coming to this it really is. You turn on the news, or open the newspaper and that's all you seem to hear about nowadays. I'm dreading the time when Alex starts to go out on his own in the evenings, I really am.
The penny dropped for me last Wednesday . I've been saying I wanted to loose weight for years but not really had the willpower to do it. It just seemed that everything came to a head and I realised that I needed to take control of my life as I was really unhappy with the way I looked and felt. I've always felt fat - even when I was skinny.. when I look back just 10 years ago I really had a nice figure but even then I felt fat and ugly. I'm guessing this stems back to my teens when I had an eating disorder. I have had an under active thyroid gland for the last 10 years so this has not helped with my weight issues at all. The problem is I don't actually eat a lot. I know this sounds like a person in denial - bit I don't. The problem is I eat the wrong foods.
So for a week now I have not had any crisps, sweets, chocolate, cakes or biscuits or any other sugarry crap and been really careful with what I do eat and a have been watching the calories too. I've also been keeping a food diary ....I hope your all impressed!
I know I'm never going to be skinny again, and if I'm honest I don't want to. I just want to be comfortable in my skin and for my clothes to fit better and look nice on me. :-)
I'm even doing some exercise each day and walking a least a mile each evening. I've also been eating fruit, something that has never really appealed to me. It's not going to be easy but I really feel that I can do it this time as I am in the right frame of mind to do it.
That's all for now, I hope your week is going well.
Sue x x x
Well done you!! I struggle with my weight too as I have PCOS. It can really get you down.
ReplyDeleteI love the rain, especially if like you say, i'm snuggled up indoors! Or on my way home with the kids or dogs, then we can get dried off, into PJ's and snuggle up. (Preferably with my cat, WHen I find him!)
Sal. XX
Your post was mostly about food. Now I'm starving!!!
ReplyDeleteI could really go for some fish and chips right about now. How yummy!
Good luck on your weight loss. Fred and I need to lose 25lbs each. It's not going to be pretty but it has to be done.
Your Friend, m.
Isn't it a shame that we didn't appreciate how slim and young and gorgeous we were when we were younger!!Good luck with the healthy regime !
ReplyDeleteyou write like I think
ReplyDeleteall over the place
I like it
So sad about Peter Falk, one always wishes our heroes will live forever.
ReplyDeleteGood grief 15 stab wounds? How horrible for the boy!
Dieting.... I don't eat much at a time either, but go for the goodies most of the time too. I could stand to lose a substantial amount of weight. The older I get the less active I am, bad cycle.
Hey! Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I went on a hunt, since now my posts are not coming up as soon as I post - it's like hours later!
Sad about Peter Falk, I loved him in Columbo. 15 stab wounds, what is the world coming to?
ReplyDeleteI've been going through a period of watching what I eat and trying to eat the less fatty options; unfortunately, I've been under a bit of stress lately and I'm turning to comfort foods, ho hum!
OMG! Keep Your son wrapped in cotton wool & never let him out! That's so tragic. Wish I had your will power, well done for the healthy eating! xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment x
ReplyDeleteI'm losing weight just by cutting down ...one stone so far ! You can do it .... do it with me !!!!
I love John's comment... that's how I am too !
I used to work in Brighton ( grew up nearby ) love it love it love it & MUST GO BACK !!!
Well done for noting the amazing time difference !
ReplyDelete;-) @ angus x
ReplyDelete