Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Getting ready for winter

Well that's it, I think we can now officially say - Summer 2009 is over. So with this in mind I have just finished sorting through my wardrobe of all my unwanted clothes to donate to my local charity shop (I've also decided it's now most unlikely that I will ever be a UK size 12/14 again, unless I have a serious illness or lose a limb!). I have cleared out the children's wardrobe's and the hubby's too. BOTH without their knowledge as it's much easier this way - no arguments! So off I trotted this afternoon with 7 bin liners full of unwanted clothes and soft toys. I used to travel miles to charity shops to donate my unwanted items as I would dread the thought of seeing someone across the street wearing my clothes or seeing it on a shop dummy in the window as I'm waiting at the traffic lights, daft really but I'm OK with it now.

We had a lovely day at Chessington on Sunday. As the weather was a bit changeable it kept the crowds away so we really didn't have to wait long to go on the rides. When I say we I really mean hubby and the kids as I don't do roller coasters (used to but have lost my bottle now). I a big people watcher and am more then happy to park myself on a bench and watch the world go by with a full fat milk latte to keep me going. Therefore, I am in charge of taking the photographs. I have found out that you have to be really quick to catch them on the rides as they move at a speed.....


As you can see I wasn't quick enough. We plan to return to Chessington next month to do the zoo as we have a yearly pass.

A friend of mine has just become the proud owner of two darling kittens. Her husband was in the car park of a Homebase store ready to pull away when he spotted another car pull up, take a box out of his boot, leave it on the car park ground and drive away. Now his curiosity got the better of him (not the 1st time either) and he got out of his van and to take a closer look at it's contents - if anything. As he opened the lid to his surprise he saw 2 little faces staring back at him! Well what could he do, really. He couldn't leave them there could he! As I said earlier, this is not the 1st time this sort of thing has happened either. A few years back, as he was rummaging through the contents of a skip he came across a hamster cage - with 2 live hamsters in it! I reckon next time if could be a dog at this rate.

I hope your week is going well too.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun!

    I really dont know how people can be so cruel and horrible to leave any animals like that, it make me so sad to think about it. At least those 2 kittens were lucky!

    Lynsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment! I'm amazed at the story of your friend finding both the kittens and the hamsters - sounds like he is a small animal fairy godfather!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, thanks for visiting my new little Blog Shop Lavenders Blue 2, the first 5 followers are each getting a little gift, if you email me your address I can pop your gift in the post. Thanks.

    Keep up the blogging!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for popping by my blog from time to time - are you going to update yours ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I really must but you know what it's like with work and children and then the run upto Christmas, I will make the effort in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete