It's great having the school holiday's off with the children it really is. I am lucky that I can spend some real good quality time with them, after all they are not children for long.
BUT I have to say they have really tested my patience today - especially DS.
I was up early as they they wanted to go to the cinema to see Percy Jackson - The Lightning Thief ...the 9.15am showing. I cooked them their favourite lunch, then I took them to Hobbycraft & Toys R Us so they could spend their pocket money that's meant to last the week but seems to be burning a whole in their pockets.
DS finds a game he wants for the Wii. Good idea me thinks. But it's cheaper online then it is in store...even though it's the same company? DS is not the most patient child in the world and has just had a screaming fit because he wants the game now...not Thursday or Friday. So, after lots of name calling and throwing around of washing that was drying on the clothes horse....he's really upset as he's just been told he's not getting it now. As you can imagine...I'm the worst Mother in the whole world and apparently he's leaving home tomorrow....he's 9 years old.
I know that when he's calmed down he will be very apologetic, he always is.
So, the stress levels are a bit high at the moment.
I brought myself a new jacket today. My old one is 3 years old and has been worn to death. It was £49 in the sale at Debenhams. It took me neary half an hour to justify buying it. If it's for the kids I don't think twice. DD wanted a pair of converse trainers last week (£40) I brought them in a drop of a hat. I nearly left the store without the jacket even though I really needed one. DH talked sense into me and in the end we decided that as my Dad had given me some money it was right I get it as it would only be spent elsewhere with nothing to show for it.
We have planned the rest of the week too:
Tuesday: Swimming
Wednesday: Out with friends
Thursday: Seeing family
Friday: Visit to local Country Park
Saturday: am Cinema
(99p special offer - Fantastic Mr Fox)
pm Football
Sunday: Bowling (1p bowl special offer at Hollywood Bowl if you bowl before 09.30am) then lunch at Costco as it's dirt cheap!
That's if I don't throttle them in the mean time.
Time for a nice glass of wine.
Sue x

I feel your pain. Thankfully today hasnt been tobad. Opticians this morning, then playdate and then cleaning - I made them clean too!!
ReplyDeleteI had the grand kids for a couple of hours this morning.....I feel your pain also! xxx
ReplyDeleteFirstly - I love your make over !!!!
ReplyDeleteUmm mine don't want to get out of bed these days & organise themselves when they finally do !
With me not driving - a cinema trip was a major expedition and a real treat when they were younger. Luckily both kids were happy with an ice cream or cafe lunch out in the village.
Be strong - you are the mum !
Thanks for the messages. Pleased you like it Penny. I did try to use a template from a different website but just couldn't seem to get it to work, the blogger site templates are really boring tbh. I wish mine would stay n bed longer on school holidays. DD is usually up around 6.30am on school days and around 8.30am on hols. DS is up a bit later but still no lie in for me.
ReplyDeleteI had a traumatic day yesterday aswell.... Lets hope the rest of the week is better x
ReplyDeleteTheres an award for you at my blog btw