Wednesday, 5 May 2010

It's raining men............

Well, it may as well have been with all the racket it was making as the rain fell on our caravan roof at the weekend! Yes, it was typical bank holiday weekend weather in the UK. 

The only good day was on Saturday - yes, that was the day I had a migraine and was tucked up in bed in a dark room....Grrrrrrr.

My hubby was very thoughtful though, yes indeed he was.  He ensured the children stayed out of the caravan by getting invited to a barbecue that our friends were having.  So he had no choice but to eat their food and drink their beer - just to be sociable of course..and it would have been extremely bad mannered to have said 'No' wouldn't it! Bless him, he really is all heart!  He staggered home all smiles to see how I was around 8pm feeling slightly worse for wear and slept like a new born baby that night.  Thankfully by that time my head was feeling much better.

At the minute I am experiencing a bit of 'Extention Envy'.  Our neighbours are having their loft converted like ours but of course it is bigger and better and to add insult to injury they have had an extension put on to it as well.  Our loft conversion is looking very sorry for its self now as it no longer stands proud above the rooftops.  The cowboys builders that are doing the work seem to be taking ages.  They are not very tidy either.  Everyday I come home from work there is more rubble in our garden.  It doesn't stop at rubble either, we also have slate roof tiles, pieces of wood, parts of PVC windows and lots of other crap too.  I used to knock next door and give it back to the builders but now I just sling it back into next doors garden at the end of each day. 

And of course with all the noise they are making in the daytime poor Jake is loosing out on valuable sleep, he is beginning to get bags under his eyes now!

Hope your week is going well.

Sue x

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, you need a nice cuppa tea....or a BIG vodka, joining you now! hic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your style Lou, I really do! S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you - a lot of bloggers seem to get migraines. We moved into a rented house once which was being used as a corridor for the next door's extention ...I put a stop to it by stopping our rent money !
    If my hubby is offered a beer he always says, " It'd be rude not to ...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have neighbour rage!

    ReplyDelete