Unfortunately, I have an under-active thyroid which does not help at all. Although I take tablets to control it and have done for 9 years, I struggle as it causes a slowing down of your body's functions...i.e everything is an effort!
Your thyroid gland makes two hormones: thyroxine (also called T4) and triiodothyronine (also called T3). Together, these hormones regulate your body's growth and metabolism. Your metabolism is how quickly your body burns energy and how quickly reactions in your body happen. It affects lots of things, including how much you weigh and how much you sleep. As mine is under active I'm not making enough hormones so I have to take it in an artificial form by tablets each day.
I'm OK at work as I'm busy all the time but by the time we've eaten dinner, that's it, I'm done for! The best thing is not to sit down for too long! lol
I'm due to have my yearly blood test soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if I have to up my daily dosage, perhaps this is why I'm feeling like I do.
Not an awful lot happening at my end. Work is really busy at the moment, and will only get busier as we come up to the end of the school year. We hold an 'Oscars Night' at my school at the end of the school year. We all have to dress up - the men in black tie! - parents and children too. Every child receives an award/trophy for one thing or another and they have to come up on the stage to collect it - gold envelopes an all! It's a great night but very tiring. The parents have finger food and wine and this year we are going to have a raffle for a flat screen TV and other goodies. The children all look very sweet in their party outfits and it finishes the year on a real high.
Nothing planned for the weekend but I do need to tidy up the garden again as with all this good weather my grape vine looks like something out of the 'Day of the Triffids'! My neighbours decided to attack their garden last weekend, the first time in 18 months. Boy was it over grown. The chap worked all weekend and even layed down some new turf. The daft apeth watered the new grass on Sunday but has not been near it since with the hose and it's already started to die off - what a waste of time and money.
******UPDATE******
Chap next door must be a secret reader of this blog, as he's just back from Homebase with a new hose and sprinkler and is attempting to resuscitate his lawn!
Sue x x

sorry to hear you get soo tired - I hope the Doc can help.
ReplyDeleteI used to come away at the end of term feeling so deflated as my children never received certificates or cups...I used to think, can't there be one for just being nice ?
Then Jess was awarded the trophy for overall achievement and three years later Joe ended year six with it too ! Someone finally recognised that being dyslexic they had both worked very hard indeed to overcome huge difficulties.
I love the idea of the award ceremony & something for everyone - everyone needs a little boost after all.
Hi i hope you are well! i used to fall asleep at tea time every evening aswell a few years ago, so off i went to the docs for a pick me up guess what what was wrong with me...."pregnant!" what a bleeding shock, i still sometimes feel so tired at tea time now but try not to nap as i would never sleep the night.(I have since had a hystrectomy so no more shocks ha!)xx
ReplyDeleteHi you are a busy bee,l understand about you being tired l too have an under active throid on 150 mil,so many things go wrong with us l have dry eyes and have too put drops in constantly among other things wont bore you you probably know about them any way.
ReplyDeleteHugs Pat