Sunday, 13 June 2010

Well, I'm all Tombola'd out.........


The weather didn't let us down at all and we had a fantastic School Fete yesterday!  We got there an hour before the start, which was a bit slow but it picked up and we had a steady crowd for the 3 hours.  As always, everyone worked really hard and made it a success for the school.  Silly me for thinking that it would save me money by working on the Tombola stall though, if fact it cost me £38 pounds....as he kids were relentless but I have to say they were also very lucky too and the car boot was full with their winnings when we left for home - tins of food, toiletries, games and most importantly a bottle of wine won by my darling Son (I knew he'd have his uses!) By the time we'd cleared up we got back home about 4.45pm. 

We did a quick tally up and we reckon we managed to make around £1900, which although doesn't sound a lot for 3 hours work, it is a small fortune for the school -  especially considering it's is recognised as being in a town of high deprivation.

I must have had an energy rush this weekend, as I've managed to tidy up and clean our bedroom, my daughters room and I even managed to catch up on all my ironing too!

We've been into town this morning for a latte and a mooch around the shops and have just had a barbecue for our dinner.  So, I think I will be off to have a well earned soak in the bath and read the newspapers.

Sue x x x x

3 comments:

  1. Good work on the tombola - £1900 is an incredibly acheivement!!

    Loving the new look blog by the way :)

    (And thank you for your comment on my last post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!thats a lot of money raised well done! i used to help out at my childrens Primary school with making and selling crafts, i also came back skint!ha!... hugs jackanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - that was a huge amount of money! Well done. We went to two different school fair's last Saturday and managed to spend a fortune on lots of plastic tombola prizes!!! We came home with armfuls, but a good day was had by all

    ReplyDelete